The successful management and leadership of research infrastructure requires a complex collection of competencies, especially for those working across national borders.
Our Executive Masters gives you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills, to become part of a pan-European network of peers, and to obtain formal recognition of your competence as a Research Infrastructure manager.
The Masters programme is tailored for busy executives by organising its 60 ECTS into a mixture of face-to-face and online activities held by international faculty and top managers from RIs. The face-to-face modules last 3 days and run over 18 months.
What will the programme cover?
Participants will examine how different Research Infrastructure leaders respond to and mobilise collective effort to address immediate issues and proactively shape their environment to enhance the service that they provide to users.
Participants will also explore a range of key capabilities and skills associated with effective strategic leadership in an increasingly internationalized context, including:
- Developing a better understanding of the environment
- Developing leadership capacity for strategic direction
- Delivering effective change and innovation
- Developing strategic planning
- Building strategic partnerships and collaboration
- Managing international/multidisciplinary teams
The Masters programme has been designed with direct input of Research Infrastructure managers. The resulting Organisational Competency Framework for Research Infrastructure managers forms the basis of the intended learning outcomes.
What the programme can offer you?
- A global network of Research Infrastructure colleagues in similar leadership positions
- Appreciation of how Research Infrastructures in different countries are responding to common challenges
- Greater awareness of your leadership strengths and weaknesses
- An outline of a strategic plan to take forward in your own organisational context
- An extended set of practical tools, resources and models to aid you and your organisation to become more effective
International Advisory board
An International Advisory Board composed of external experts and RItrain representatives will assess the development and quality of the programme and the delivery of the pilot Masters.