Leadership (6 ECTS)
18th-22nd January 2021
16-20 May 2022
The purpose of this module is to develop an RI manager who can:
- influence others in situations where he/she has no hierarchical authority
- communicate with peers
- learn where others need to develop and help them perform to their potential
- work effectively with diversity and in multidisciplinary teams
The module will also address the participant’s personal leadership style. This will include
communication skills, conflict management, and negotiation skills that will help RI managers in team building and in developing networks and alliances outside the organisation.
This module provides an analysis of the ability of individuals to become leaders of RIs. The emphasis is on development of leadership, or rather the ability of leader to control and drive the organization, to collaborate and innovate with team, to apply new learning and new knowledge to real RI challenges. The module stresses critical analyses of managing people in multicultural and networked settings.
The course has a very practical emphasis with a wide variety of cases, in-class discussion to enhance relevance.
Lectures, group works, case discussions, role plays, share of best practice, and assignments.
The programme covers the following topics
Leadership and Team Building
- Diversity of leadership styles
- How to make a group of peers work well together
- Team building model
- Team building characteristics: synergy and individual knowledges and skills
- Communication skills
- The non verbal behaviour
- Managing conflicts
- Work effectively with diversity and in multidisciplinary teams
- Directing, motivating and delegating
- Capacity building for nodes
- Reaching consensus
- Fostering diversity
- Leading change
- HR processes and policy
- Professional and ethical conduct
- Leading towards an “ethical organization”
Fees & Enrolment
Participation fee: 2,400 Euros
Tuition fees include:
Access to the University’s facilities
Coffee breaks and lunches during face-to-face modules
Fees do not include travel costs and living expenses. For accommodation, participants will benefit from the University’s agreements with nearby hotels. For information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want more info, please send an email to email@example.com and visit this page.
This module will be held at the University of Milano-Bicocca. The University of Milano-Bicocca is located at Piazza dell’Ateneo Nuovo, 1 in Milan. Our campus benefits from the full array of learning environments and university-wide services.
Meet the Faculty
Francesco Paoletti, Professor of Human Resource Management at the University of Milano–Bicocca
Adriano Solidoro, Assistant Professor of Organisational Studies at the University of Milano–Bicocca
José Keating, Associate Professor in the Basic Psychology Department at Minho University (Portugal)
Pascale Goy, CERN, HR Department, Head of Learning and Development
Niklas Blomberg, Elixir, Director
Who should Apply ?
• Director Generals, Chief Operating Officers or their equivalent
• Recently appointed or upcoming senior managers
• Heads of National Nodes
• Heads of Finance and Administration, HR and Communication
• Middle management
• Representatives of funding bodies and ministries responsible for RI funding