International Law & Compliance (2 ECTS)
Objective of the module is to provide participants with a focus on basic notions of international and European Union law and an analysis of international and national law of EU member states. The module includes the origins and evolution of international community and the analysis of the main mechanisms and tools in order to regulate ethical and legal issues relevant for RIs. Furthermore, the module provides participants with the analysis of the various contracts applied to the context of RIs, also developing the differences in the application of such contracts in the various types of RI and country settings.
This module is concerned with the study of law and compliance in RIs, in particular the emphasis is on international and European Union law, national law of the member nodes, compliance, contracts types in different settings. In the contract area, the module offers an analysis of the typical IP contracts, employment contracts, procurement and data privacy protection.
The course has a very practical emphasis with a wide variety of cases, in-class discussion to enhance relevance.
Recorded lectures, self-assessment exercises, and assignments.
The programme covers the following topics
Laws and regulations in different settings
- International and European Union laws and regulations
- The subjects of international law (States, international organizations, other subjects)
- National laws and regulations: the main difference between countries
Contract issues in different settings
- IP regulations
- Data and material sharing
- Privacy issues in different countries
Public procurement in RIs
- Public procurement strategy
- Legal rules, implementation and enforcement
- International public procurement
Fees & Enrolment
Participation fee: 800 Euros
Tuition fees include:
Access to the University’s facilities
Coffee breaks and lunches during face-to-face modules
Fees do not include travel costs and living expenses. For accommodation, participants will benefit from the University’s agreements with nearby hotels. For information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want more info, please send an email to email@example.com and visit this page.
This module will be held at the University of Milano-Bicocca. The University of Milano-Bicocca is located at Piazza dell’Ateneo Nuovo, 1 in Milan. Our campus benefits from the full array of learning environments and university-wide services.
Meet the Faculty
Carla Gulotta, Associate Professor of International Law at the University of Milano-Bicocca
Ohad Graber-Soudry, CEO X-officio (Sweden)
Who should Apply ?
• Director Generals, Chief Operating Officers or their equivalent
• Recently appointed or upcoming senior managers
• Heads of National Nodes
• Heads of Finance and Administration, HR and Communication
• Middle management
• Representatives of funding bodies and ministries responsible for RI funding